Monday, March 17, 2008

Trip to California





I made a quick trip to California last week (Saturday through Tuesday) with Lauren. We were met at the airport by Uncle Mark and went straight to the grocery store for lunch items and then to Marina Del Ray where we did a harbor cruise with Mark and Tony and their friends, Tom and Judy. Tom and Judy have a keyboard and karake equipment onboard so we did a little "Boat-e-oke". Tony and Lauren skipped out and took Ziggy for a walk (to avoid singing is my suspicion!). Saturday night the four of us attended the play, Wicked. Our seats weren't great but the play was very enjoyable. We went to a diner for a late night dinner after the show. On Sunday, Mark, Tony, Lauren and I went for a late breakfast/early lunch at Marmalade's in Malibu. After grabbing a dress at Lauren's dorm we headed for Kevin and Daisha's wedding which was held at a golf course in Diamond Bar, CA. The wedding was great fun (seeing Adam and all of his buddies was the highlight for me). Mark and I took Lauren back to Pepperdine late that night and then on Monday, I drove to Azusa to pick up Adam. He and I spent the day at Disneyland (compliments of Katie's neighbor). I spent the night at Adam's apartment that night and then on Tuesday morning I drove to Malibu to spend my last few hours with Lauren. We had lunch on the beach with our toes in the sand at Paradise Cove and then went back to Pepperdine to meet her favorite professor. We went to Malibu Yo for yogurt before she had to be at work and I had to be off to the airport! I got home late Tuesday night and then worked Wednesday through Friday at the school where I used to be a secretary. I took the new puppy with me to work and she was a big hit with all the high school staff and students!
I think all the pictures with Uncle Mark in them are in Lauren's camera! She will have to upload some for us!

Today, I am home enjoying the peace and quiet and trying to go through a week's worth of emails and mail! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Tonight's menu...Irish Stew, Irish Soda Bread and Green Rice Krispie treats! Love you all! Lori

No comments: